Chowchilla Area Transit (CATX)
The City of Chowchilla operates a local curb-to-curb, demand-response dial-a-ride transit service in the local area of Chowchilla through Chowchilla Area Transit (CATX). Depending upon scheduling, service is available for work, medical appointments, school, meetings, senior services, shopping and more. CATX vehicles are wheelchair-lift equipped. The service operates weekdays except on official holidays.
To learn more or to schedule a ride contact the CATX office call 559-665-8655 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Se Habla Espanol.
Todos los vehiculos son equipadas para silla de ruedas. Para su conveniencia, puede llamar un dia por adelantado si tiene nescedades especiales.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
The City of Chowchilla has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The City of Chowchilla has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the City of Chowchilla has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the City of Chowchilla to ensure that DBEs are defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts.
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts.
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law.
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs.
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts.
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
The Public Works Director has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, The Public Works Director is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the City of Chowchilla in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
Transit No Service Holidays
Transit service is not provided on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
CATX Service Area
CATX Fares (One-Way Trip)
These fare prices are currently in effect for CATX. Children three years and younger ride free with an accompanying paid adult. CATX passes can be purchased from the City Finance Department at the Chowchilla City Hall during business hours. Neither the City nor CATX is responsible for lost/stolen passes.
|General Public Zone 1||$1.50||Ride begins and ends in Zone 1|
|General Public Zone 2||$2||Ride begins and ends in Zone 2|
|General Public Pass||$7.50|
|General Public Pass||$15|
|10-Ride Senior Pass||$12||Discounted rate|
|20-Ride Senior Pass||$24||Discounted rate|
|20-Ride Student Pass||$27||Discounted rate|
Courtesy Rules for Riders
The following rules apply to riders of the CATX transit systems. CATX reserves the right to refuse service based on the violation of these courtesy rules in addition to those listed in CATX Policies and Procedures Manual:
- Be ready to board when the bus arrives.
- Neither smoking, eating or drinking is allowed while on the bus.
- Exact fare is required; drivers cannot make change.
- Deposit fare into the fare box when boarding.
- No riders will receive service without a paid fare or valid pass.
- Drivers are not allowed to enter your home.
- Children three years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you no longer need a ride, you must call the business office in advance and cancel.
- Seat belts are provided and wheelchair restraints are required.
- Large animals are prohibited. Only trained service animals with identifying vests are permitted for people with disabilities. Small pets are allowed if they are securely contained in a pet carrier.
- A maximum of three grocery bags are allowed; the driver is not allowed to assist with loading.
- Chowchilla Area Transit is not liable for unsupervised children.
Transit Services Title VI Notice & Complaint Process
The City of Chowchilla is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Any person who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination under Title VI on the basis of race, color or national origin may file a Title VI complaint with the City.
Complaints may be filed with the City in writing and may be addressed to:
City Clerk/Title VI Compliance Coordinator
City of Chowchilla
130 S Second Street
Chowchilla, CA 93610
View the Transit Title VI Complaint Form (English) (PDF) or call 559-665-8615. The City will provide appropriate assistance to complainants who are limited in their ability to communicate in English.
La Ciudad De Chowchilla Transit Services Titulo VI Noticia y Proceso de Quejas
Se Habla Espanol
La Ciudad de Chowchilla, se compromete a garantizar que ninguna persona sea excluida de participar o denegar los beneficios de servicios basado por raza, color, linaje u origen nacional, según lo dispuesto en el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964. Cualquier persona que cree que él o ella ha sido objeto de discriminación en virtud del Título VI basado por raza, color u origen nacional puede presentar una queja del Título VI con la Ciudad.
Las quejas pueden ser presentadas en la Ciudad por escrito y pueden ser dirigidas a: City Clerk/Coordinadora de Conformidad Titulo VI; Ciudad de Chowchilla; 130 S Second St.; Chowchilla, CA 93610
Ver Formulario de Quejas del Titulo VI (PDF) o llame al 559-665-8615. La Ciudad proveerá asistencia apropiada para los denunciantes que sean limitados en su capacidad de comunicarse en inglés.
Additional Transit Providers
Additional transit opportunities and connections are provided to other areas of Madera County and beyond by various agencies and organizations. View the Madera County Transportation Commission website for a listing with links to the Madera County Connection, Madera Area Express (MAX) and more.